Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2015 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2015
Message Icon Topic: Changes to Sky for 2016 Team Post Reply Post New Topic
UofD_Alum

Online Status: Offline
Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Topic: Changes to Sky for 2016 Team
    Posted: 02Nov2015 at 8:45am
I started this post because I was interested in "true" Chicago fans their thoughts on what changes they would like to see next year.

My first thought is we need a center. Erika De Souza is a question mark. We do not know how much she will be available next year due to the olympics. I am hoping we make a trade or (based on right now) second round draft choice.

Breland was the most improved player last year in my opinion. She should continue be part of the starting five.

I can tell you Elena was not personally happy with her play the last month of the season. (99% of WNBA players would love to have her stats the last month of the season.) She has had discussions with her trainer to work outside this winter. Not sure what these workouts will entail but I can assure you it will be something that I could not do. Winters are cold in Delaware.      But her trainer is very excited about this type of training. I have a feeling she will be working on her stamina.

Generally, the team is solid at guard, I believe these guards, as a group, are the best in the WNBA.   Forward and Center should be the focus of Pokey. And look primarily at defensive improvement.

Like to hear other fans thoughts.

Edited by UofD_Alum - 02Nov2015 at 10:51am
IP IP Logged
vickilz

Quote vickilz Replybullet Posted: 10Nov2015 at 2:17pm
Even without the Olympics, we need help at Center. I think Erika was the best we were going to get out of the Fowles drama last year but unfortunately her early and often foul trouble limited her playing time and contributions. Additionally, the situation with Tree Rollins not being at practice and on the sidelines hindered the development of our younger posts players. Parker showed a lot of promise and spark, but needs direction to get to WNBA level.

We need to find defense. Too many games we couldn't contain or stop our opponents. Too often the lane was wide open for easy drives to the basket and easy points.
Again, perhaps this would have been different if Tree was with the team.

If we solve our center problem, I think we have decent talent at the rest of the positions. I think Pokey needs to work out better schemes for offense so that more players are confident in looking for their shot and shooting it. We had too many possessions in too many games where they played hot potato until the shot clock ran out or we ended up with a turnover or bad shot, especially when Elena was on the bench.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 10Nov2015 at 9:39pm
The center need is obvious but I think you keep de Souza if you can because she's a veteran center and she still bangs pretty good. She can teach the younger bigs.

I'm still of the opinion that the main spot for Parker has to be PF first and center 2nd.

Pokey has to shop for a center and I'm not sure there's one to be had in the NCAA...we'll see. The Sky is not picking until 10th.

Pokey is pretty good at finding talent, so we have to wait and see.
The "BIG 5"...???
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 15Dec2015 at 8:30am
Tree Rollins is gone, so we will get another coach for the bigs. My prediction-- Erika stays and just struggled because of the huge difference in the way we play and the way she played in Atlanta. She will catch on. Parker will move to 4 after we get another center. So yes, a center is our biggest need.
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 16Dec2015 at 9:34am
Nice, looks like everyone is in the same area of agreement. I do think Pokey will make changes in 1) improve defense and 2) try to improve forward and center position.    

Look forward to next year. I have a Xmas wish hanging on my tree. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the Chicago Sky Message participants on this Board.

Edited by UofD_Alum - 16Dec2015 at 9:39am
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 22Dec2015 at 12:27am
Adut Bulgak, please.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 22Dec2015 at 4:48pm
Boyette or Hamblin. Next choice is to draft the best player available.

IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 08Jan2016 at 2:07pm
2015 team stats;

pct field goals made rank = 2nd
field goals made = 1st
field goal attempts = 1st
3pt shots made rank = 4th
free throw pct made rank = 1st
rebounds total rank = 1st
assist rank = 3rd
turn overs rank = 12th (the least amount of TO'S)
steals rank = 8th
blocks rank = 1st
points per game rank = 1st

With Erica deSouza playing on Brazil's olympic team she will be missing a lot of games in 2016. A center is a must for the 10th pic.    Some of the names that look good at center are Boyette, Hamblln and Bulgak. Will have to watch their numbers this NCAA season.

Edited by UofD_Alum - 09Jan2016 at 9:21am
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 14Jan2016 at 11:23pm
The Sky should draft the best player available. They should not have tunnel vision and draft a subpar post player.
The Sky did that already two seasons ago and that player is no longer with the team.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version