Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2016 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2016
Message Icon Topic: Pokey Gone...Now Who??? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
UofD_Alum

Online Status: Offline
Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 17Dec2016 at 6:42pm
My personal opinion is when you play with a team for as long as Elena has you develop a bond with that team and the fans who pay a lot of their hard earned money to watch you play. I was of the hope that means something to yourself as a person.

I apologize to tonette10 and Rhino if I offended you.

I am sorry if Elena leaves Chicago. I will be disappointed if that happens. Not only for the Chicago Sky but for the fans of Chicago.
IP IP Logged
vickilz

Quote vickilz Replybullet Posted: 17Dec2016 at 6:47pm
T Woodie, if I'm reading your posts correctly, you're saying it's about the money and if the Sky pay EDD what she wants, she will stay with the Sky. My thoughts are If the Sky don't offer her the max salary allowed by the CBA, they should just fold the team. The message they would be sending is "we don't care how good you are, you won't make top dollar in a Sky uniform".  The team would be resigned to being a second rate team and the small fan base would get even smaller.

However, I think it's just as likely if not more that the issue is less about dollars and more about environment and management of the team. Yes this is just speculation.

If I'm Amber Stocks, my first priority is settling the EDD issue. Sign her or trade her. Only time will tell, but I hope it's finished sooner than later.

IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 17Dec2016 at 6:47pm
I didn't say anything speculative. Oh and trust me I'm not offended by you or anyone else. As a previous statement I made, take off the rose-colored glasses
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 17Dec2016 at 6:53pm
It seems I have to do that Tonette10, sometimes people disappoint you and I think EDD has.
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 17Dec2016 at 9:00pm
When asked about the situation with Syl sitting out, Elena says that she wants to play, but will sit if necessary. Sounds as if even the max salary won't be enough for her to stay. So let's get a decent trade! We really don't want to make someone stay who wants to be somewhere else.
As a fan, it all kind of sucks. I do get discouraged with the organization at times. But I need to focus on the players who want to be here (or accept that as their fate) and support them through all this. Last year could not have been easy. And next year won't be either.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 17Dec2016 at 9:03pm
Yes vickilz...it's about the money. Think about what EDD said..."I end up where I end up". In easy translation that means whoever compensates her best.

i'm not saying "break the bank"...of course it has to be within the CBA. That was agreed upon by the players...however, make no bones about it the players are tired of having to go overseas in the off-season to make a living.

Edited by T_Woodie - 17Dec2016 at 9:04pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 17Dec2016 at 11:20pm
This ain't about money. She will get max pay no questions asked. She shouldn't even be in a conversation about overseas money considering she doesn't go ovwrseas. This whole situation ain't about money.
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 18Dec2016 at 12:14am
Originally posted by T_Woodie

Yes vickilz...it's about the money.

No, it's not. I can guarantee you it's not.
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 18Dec2016 at 7:25am
I'm with Tonette and Sigur, it's not about money!
IP IP Logged
Rhino

Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 18Dec2016 at 8:32am
Uodf. No apology is necessary...I took no offense to your comment. right now the feelings surrounding this strange situation just have everyone feeling a certain way. I'm with Tonette10 look I don't believe its so much basketball related all through basketball is the costume hiding the real reason. I'm upset because we love our team alot. we have spent much time glorifying this team. supporting the team. falling in love with the players whereas fans created this delle Donne mania. she was the new hope and face for chicago sky basketball. the departure of Dupree. Tolliver. Prince. And fowels left us disappointed. now we're dealing with another disgruntled player asking out. theres no known reason for her desire to move on. she's making it known that she's ready to move on but she's not really saying why. she's only talking about her and Amanda's up coming wedding. where they want to feel comfortable to begin a family. she never even said that chicago could be that place or that she loves chicago and her team and teammates. I think it's really personal and she don't want to say. it's her business. but I've come to grips with her decision. I'm just smh with disappointment in her but I can't say in all honesty that I'm surprised.

Edited by Rhino - 18Dec2016 at 8:36am
War is meant for the strong. Adversity can destroy you. but endurance bare witness that I won the battle.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version