Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2017
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2017
Message Icon Topic: Sky @ Lynx Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
vickilz

Online Status: Offline
Quote vickilz Replybullet Posted: 15May2017 at 1:18pm
I wasn't expecting much out of this game. First regular season game, new coach, new system, no Sloot or Quigley, several new players. Too many new pieces to the puzzle for everything to flow well. That said, it was still hard to watch 23 turnovers and 63% from the free throw line. These are fundamentals of bball.

I've heard coach Stocks talk about bringing a more cerebral game to the Sky. I agree with what Steve Bardo said during the broadcast, the players were thinking too much and not playing. Seasoned players looked lost and not sure of where they were supposed to be or what they were supposed to be doing.

I hope they settle down and play better fundamental ball for the home opener.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 15May2017 at 2:19pm
The fact that this team has 8 new players loomed large in this game! Especially in the 23 TO's...but I'm encouraged.

The ladies scrapped and never gave up against a Lynx team whose starting five have been together how long?

I liked what I saw from Hampton, Copper, Epps,and Parker off the bench. Dolson did ok after she learned to play position beause she's slow with the size she has.

I say give them 4-5 more games/practices together and let Sloot and Quigley get back...which leaves Coach with a tough decision except for Harris.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 15May2017 at 6:00pm
I just knew that the sky would get blown away by the Lynx. That did not happen and plus the Sky were missing two of their better players. The Sky will improve over the course of the season. They won't win a championship this year.

IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 15May2017 at 7:58pm
Sloot and Quigley are back and Jankoska and Cooper got waived.

Good: Sloot and Quigley are back

Bad: We currently have nothing to show for two 1st-round picks

IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 15May2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Sigur3

Sloot and Quigley are still shown as starters for final Turkish League Championship game set for Wednesday evening the 17th. Hope you are right about their being back. Just checked the Sky Twitter site and they are reporting waiving Jankoska and Cooper but also added release, "The Sky anticipates the return of Allie Quigley and Courtney Vandersloot when their international competition is complete." They had played against each other last night so must have been traveling ever since to be back in Chicago. You can check the Yokin Dogu website for Sloot's status on that end.

Edited by P51D - 15May2017 at 9:32pm
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 15May2017 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Sigur3

I'm not understanding cutting Jankoska and keeping Amber Harris. I thought Jankoska did well in preseason...but of course I didn't see her play.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 16May2017 at 12:41am
Yes, the Turkish league finishes on Wednesday and the Sky's next game is Friday. Not sure if that will be enough time for either of them to get up to speed but cuts had to be made if they are anticipated to return.

Woodie, I am with you on not understanding the Jankoska cut. To me, it shows extremely poor scouting on Stocks part. If the Sky needed a guard, Wiese, Davis, Jones, Peterson, etc were all still on the board at #9, but they took someone who ended up getting cut after the first game of the season?

Stocks coached Harris while she was at Xavier, I believe. If that's what this is about, I'm gravely concerned for the long-term future of this franchise. Once again...a week into the season and neither of our first-round picks are even on the team. This is about as badly as one can manage assets.

Edited by Sigur3 - 16May2017 at 12:42am
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 16May2017 at 7:12am
I agree Sigur3, This year's draft is a joke. Stocks seems pretty high on Copper but blew the draft choices.

Sloot and Quigley will have played 13 games in 18 days after playing the Turkish Championship final game tomorrow evening. Provided they leave ASAP they will travel from Istanbul most of the day Thursday, gaining about 6/7 hours. Those two can be counted on to give it their best shot if they are available to play Friday night.
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
Rhino

Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 16May2017 at 9:40am
I agree with you T Woodie. for me. I thought it would be Cooper and Amber Harris who would be waived.
War is meant for the strong. Adversity can destroy you. but endurance bare witness that I won the battle.
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 17May2017 at 10:10am
unimpressed by Stocks...when that changes I will post about it.
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version