Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2017 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2017
Message Icon Topic: Sloots Aggressive Stats Post Reply Post New Topic
P51D

Online Status: Offline
Quote P51D Replybullet Topic: Sloots Aggressive Stats
    Posted: 31Jul2017 at 1:25pm
It's interesting to compare Player Stats when considering some critical comments as "Sloot should be more aggressive." True her scoring average is slightly lower than Sue Bird's, yet her assist average is higher.
When looking at a game where she scores 12 points along with 10 Assists I find it hard-put to suggest she is not aggressive. Comparing an apparent play action difference can apply to Quigley, Cappie, Dolson and even Young. All, when ball is in hand, appear to project a picture of "How can I score?" Aggressive, yes. Whereas Sloot in the same situation seems to project an attitude of "How can I make SOMEONE score? Keep in mind Sloot leads the entire League in Assists, Aggressive,yes you bet.Think of the times when she threads the small needle opening to hit Dolson or Bree inside and makes the TV announcers go wild. Yes she gambles on many plays and carries a 2.8 TO ratio. Yes, Sloot is aggressive, perhaps even more than the "Shooters" when she pulls the trigger on one of those "no look" passes. I have now watched Sloot 4 years here in Gonzaga Country" (saw her get 32 pts. and 17 assists against UCLA) and now 6 with the Sky. I am still seeing her drive the key against two/three over 6 footers, take a charge when 30/40 lbs. out-weighed plus come out with 5/6 rebounds and still give you over 30 minutes of every game. If you have a chance catch a replay of her playing overseas where her job description appears entirely different. She is a top 5 Turkish League scorer (17.5) top 5 League assists (6.8) and led her team to Turkish and Euro-Cup championships. Being Aggressive is a lifestyle for Courtney Vandersloot, even when she can help SOMEONE ELSE score. If I were Quigley, Dolson, Young, Bree, Cappie or even Coach Stocks I would make sure to remember Sloot on her Birthday, Christmas and even in my prayers.

Edited by P51D - 31Jul2017 at 2:00pm
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 31Jul2017 at 4:30pm
She's the team's best player imo. Quigley has made a tremendous improvement and Dolson has been a great complementary player offensively, but the team was SO FREAKING BAD with Cappie at PG compared to Sloot. The recent turnaround (not so recent anymore) should be majorly credited to Sloot having the ball in her hands more.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 04Aug2017 at 10:45am
Sloot is definitely balling! My only suggestion is she always, always starts aggressive. It opens the floor and makes the opponent have to defend her first...then Sloot is so savvy she can pick her spots.

Edited by T_Woodie - 04Aug2017 at 10:46am
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 08Aug2017 at 2:09pm
And happy to say that Sloot has one more year on her contract and will be here next year.
I'm betting that Allie will resign. Dolson is a restricted free agent and told me that she wants to stay! Breland will be a free agent and hoping that she stays as well. Cappie may or may not stay, and doesn't look like she is retiring yet.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 08Aug2017 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by wnbarocks

And happy to say that Sloot has one more year on her contract and will be here next year.
I'm betting that Allie will resign. Dolson is a restricted free agent and told me that she wants to stay! Breland will be a free agent and hoping that she stays as well. Cappie may or may not stay, and doesn't look like she is retiring yet.

For the first time in her career Dolson has teamed up with a point guard that sets her up perfectly to score easy baskets all the time. If Dolson leaves she knows she won't be matched up again with a point guard like Sloot.

The Sky need to recognise that Sloot IS their best player and sign her for a long fat contract extension.

IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 08Aug2017 at 10:55pm
Salary caps seem to have put a lid on money being a primary incentive for players, once they hit the max. allowed. There are other ways the player can increase income such as playoff bonuses, shoe contracts, personal appearances and of course playing over seas. In Sloot's case she had a lot of loyalty towards Pokey's having given her the chance in the WNBA. That loyalty, as a connection to the Sky, may not now be so great after Pokey's leaving. Gonzaga fans in Seattle tell me that the Storm still has a window of hope for Sloot to be a possible replacement for Sue Bird's retirement next year. Sloot still has a big following in the Seattle area, where she grew up and when added to the Zag fan base makes her good for ticket sales. Other local rumors have Sloot considering possible assistant coaching options at either Gonzaga or with her old coach Kelly Graves at Oregon should she select early retirement. I don't see Sloot retiring nor forcing any trade issue but comes contract renewal time things might get interesting.

Edited by P51D - 09Aug2017 at 1:21am
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version