Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2017 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2017
Message Icon Topic: Chicago trade..... Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
yaser_ya_betcha

Online Status: Offline
Quote yaser_ya_betcha Replybullet Topic: Chicago trade.....
    Posted: 31Jul2017 at 7:38pm
The Chicago Sky have acquired Jordan Hooper and a 2018 first-round draft pick from the Atlanta Dream in exchange for Tamera Young, Imani Boyette and Chicago’s second-round pick. Hooper, a 6-2 forward from Nebraska, was selected 13th overall in the 2014 WNBA Draft by the Tulsa Shock.

Not liking this at all.

Edited by yaser_ya_betcha - 31Jul2017 at 7:38pm
IP IP Logged
vickilz

Quote vickilz Replybullet Posted: 31Jul2017 at 8:51pm
Not only do I not like this trade, I don't understand how the GM thinks this helps the team, unless she's trying to make room for Coates to sign. Anyone know her status?

Edited by vickilz - 31Jul2017 at 8:55pm
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 01Aug2017 at 5:17am
WHY DO I HAVE TO KEEP CHANGING MY SIGNATURE
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 01Aug2017 at 8:02am
It takes a lot of effort to put together a trade like this that makes no sense at all!!I didn't know that Illinois had legalized Mary Mary as surely no one with any BB knowledge and not under any influence went along with this. Young is a starter and one of our best Defensive players. Boyette is one of the best Bench Centers in the League. We will get a 6'2" Forward that I doubt will be around next year. She was cut by Dallas in June, played 3 games with Conn. and traded to Atlanta for a SECOND round pick and a handful of beads. Getting a 1st. Rd. pick is a waste if handled in next year's draft like this year's choices were!!I am over 2,000 miles away but can almost hear Pokey laughing her buns off at this bit of news.

Edited by P51D - 01Aug2017 at 8:11am
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
Rhino

Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 01Aug2017 at 10:55am
I thought I had a comment to add.. but never mind.
War is meant for the strong. Adversity can destroy you. but endurance bare witness that I won the battle.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 01Aug2017 at 11:49am
Sigur3, replace your signature art with a basket filled with numbered lottery balls.

Edited by Swish - 01Aug2017 at 11:51am

IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 02Aug2017 at 1:27pm
TRUST AMBER

JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 02Aug2017 at 8:36pm
I think I understand the trade pretty well.

TYoung was traded to allow Copper to get more minutes...and I don't think that's a bad idea. She's a player that needs to grow NOW. She has better ball skills than TYoung, she's better off the dribble, and she can jump with anyone.

When it comes to Boyette...she has has talent but she's simply too passive on the floor. Not that she can't get there. I think Coach Stocks just came to the conclusion she's not the player she wants. I was certainly a Boyette fan from the start...but I must say she lacks aggressiveness.

Let's not forget that Coates and Faulkner are on this team and will return from injury. Faulkner is proven depth at guard.

Does this trade happen had The Sky won these last 2 games...I don't think so. Looking at things now, if Coach Stocks was going to make a move...now was the perfect time.

So now The Sky heads to the draft with two first round picks. Coach Stocks needs to move for her type of players now. In my mind I think she knows sink or swim as coach, she has to go for her type of team and her type of player.

Why not???

Edited by T_Woodie - 02Aug2017 at 8:38pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 03Aug2017 at 1:03am
Woodie-I marvel at the continued confidence you reflect for Stocks's decisions in being the Coach and GM of the Sky. I think you are really reaching in an attempt to justify the trade of Boyette and Young (One of "THE BIG 5)" for Hooper, a player that will have a difficult time in trying to make the Sky team. It boils down to getting a 1st. round pick for our two players and our 2nd. round pick. This year's draft choices are still an unknown until Coates shows she can join the team and become a WNBA player like Boyette and Young have already done. I have also stated other reasons that this trade doesn't make sense so I'll leave it at that but don't be surprised if both Boyette and Young burn us a little down the road.. Meanwhile---"I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong."

Edited by P51D - 03Aug2017 at 1:16am
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 03Aug2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by P51D

Woodie-I marvel at the continued confidence you reflect for Stocks's decisions in being the Coach and GM of the Sky. I think you are really reaching in an attempt to justify the trade of Boyette and Young (One of "THE BIG 5)" for Hooper, a player that will have a difficult time in trying to make the Sky team. It boils down to getting a 1st. round pick for our two players and our 2nd. round pick. This year's draft choices are still an unknown until Coates shows she can join the team and become a WNBA player like Boyette and Young have already done. I have also stated other reasons that this trade doesn't make sense so I'll leave it at that but don't be surprised if both Boyette and Young burn us a little down the road.. Meanwhile---"I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong."

Cosign all that
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version