Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2018
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2018  
Message Icon Topic: Getting Set For Camp 2018 Post Reply Post New Topic
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Topic: Getting Set For Camp 2018
    Posted: 11Feb2018 at 2:07pm
*Quigley is signed...which equals relief. We know the back court is set as Sloot and Quigley.

*Hooper is also signed.

*Coates has signed which will bolster the front line with even more versatility.

It would be nice to hear something from Coach Stocks about what her goal is going into the draft and camp, as to how she wants to strengthen the team.

The one player I hope to see as most improved is Kahleah Copper. She has tremendous potential as a great 2-3 player. She could easily be the most improved player *if she has put in the work!

With Breland signing with Atlanta, I think it's certain front line help is coming in the draft. It would be great to come away with either A'ja Wilson or Teaira McCowan.
The "BIG 5"???
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 12Feb2018 at 8:46am
Woodie-I like your draft choices better than Deshields and Williams that are coming up in the Mock drafts as Sky pics. I think Cappie may be set adrift and wouldn't be surprised to see a Faulkner trade. Sloot at age 29 will have life for another 4yr. contract after this year. I can't see her traded after the year she just had. Overseas rumor has Sloot signing a new big $$$ 3yr. contract in Turkey. I see Quigley and Sloot as a lock for the 1 and 2 spots and think Epps will be on the block for sure. Faulkner could be iffy if Deshields and/or Williams are the pics. Making the pics is why Stocks gets the big $$$.
TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO HAVE A GOOD DAY
IP IP Logged
Rhino

Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 12Feb2018 at 5:44pm
I'm hesitant to draft DeShields. only because she's too predictable. Transferred from UNC to Tennessee. left Tennessee to play overseas. now she's rumored to want to play for the Dallas Wings. we've been going through enough players forcing their way out of Chicago. she's talented. but we don't need any headcases on this team.
My friends were really my enemies. and my enemies were really my friends.
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 15Feb2018 at 9:31am
CAPPIE SIGNED BY THE LA SPARKS AS FREE AGENT
Is Stocks making room for Deshields by letting Cappie go?    

Indications are that Cappie may have wanted to go with LA so Stocks may not have had an option to keep her. Cappie seems excited about the signing and being able to close out her WNBA years in LA.

Edited by P51D - 15Feb2018 at 10:17am
TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO HAVE A GOOD DAY
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 18Feb2018 at 12:51pm
Hmmm...Cappie signing with the Sparks tells me she wants to go out with another championship. No doubt The Lynx and The Sparks are front runners again.

As I think about this I think Cappie see's the handwriting on the wall...even though she's from Chicago. This is my thinking on it:

*Cappie knows Quigley is going to start.

*You have Copper..who I think Coach Stocks own comments about Copper last year says she's going to probably be the 6th woman for The Sky.

*The other talent on the bench is Faulkner. Let's not forget how when Sloot went down, how well Faulkner did. You have to keep her *unless* there's a trade too good to pass up.

*Last but not least is money. Cappie is too expensive being a veteran. Your younger talent is lighter on the salary cap.

A question that looms large is Faulkner returning form injury...but The Sky has signed her. I don't think you give her up as she can play PG or SG. That leaves Epps basically hanging on. Is Faulkner content to remain a back up to Sloot? This will be Faulkner's 4th year.

Kinda makes it harder to really know how the draft will go...
The "BIG 5"???
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 21Feb2018 at 4:46pm
It is looking like this is what we have right now:

PG: Sloot/Faulkner
SG: Quigley/Montgomery
SF: Copper/Hooper
PF: Parker/Bulgak
C: Dolson/Coates

That puts the Sky at 10. Unless one or both of the picks are traded, it leaves just enough room for #3 and #4.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version